Thursday, September 11, 2014

Choco Factory Characters

          In my Sophomore year at CCA, I was in character design class taught by my now mentor, Ed Bell. The final project for that class was to take characters from a classic book, revamp them, but stay true to the essential story and personalities of the characters. I chose to design Willy Wonka, Charlie, Grandpa Joe and Mike TV. Now, 3 years later, I have redesigned  two of those characters: Charlie and Mike TV.

     The first two pics are the original, first attempts and the bottom one has the remodeled versions:




          I am really proud of how these two turned out. I would say that the Preston Blair book and my Drawing for Animators professor, Ed Gutierrez were the ones that helped me most in reaching this new level of draftsmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment